terça-feira, 1 de abril de 2003

Madonna pulls new american life video "out of respect for armed forces"
Madonna has decided to withdraw the video for her new single "American Life" which has been the subject of rumors and misinformation. The artist released the following statement:

"I have decided not to release my new video. It was filmed before the war started and I do not believe it is appropriate to air it at this time. Due to the volatile state of the world and out of sensitivity and respect to the armed forces, who I support and pray for, I do not want to risk offending anyone who might misinterpret the meaning of this video."


Perante a polémica que, desde cedo, rodeou o seu novo vídeo, "American Life", Madonna declarou em Fevereiro:

"I feel lucky to be an American citizen for many reasons - one of which is the right to express myself freely, especially in my work. I understand that there have been reports about my upcoming video "American Life" in the media - much of which is inaccurate. I am not Anti-Bush. I am not pro-Iraq. I am pro Peace. I have written a song and created a video which expresses my feelings about our culture and values and the illusions of what many people believe is the American dream - the perfect life. As an artist, I hope that this provokes thought and dialogue. I don't expect everyone to agree with my point of view. I am grateful to have the freedom to express these feelings and that's how I honor my country."

Sem comentários: